Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 49

Today, on my way home from work, I was thinking about food. I was wondering why people eat what they do. What causes people to make the deliberate choice to put something into their bodies that they know will not benefit it? I don't know if this is anything new, or if it has been "scientifically" proven or not, but I really believe that food gives a natural, very temporary high. I know for a fact that I make my worst choices when I have had little sleep, have low energy, or am feeling depressed. Eating food that is high in calories just makes you feel happy. It gives you that little extra boost...for a little while. Then an hour later, you usually feel worse than you did before. I am reading a book by Peter Walsh called "Does this Clutter make my Butt look Fat?" In it, he says several things that have really hit home with me. Concerning making choices he says: "Every roll of fat on your body came from something you chose to put into your mouth. And every pound that slips away is going to be because of a decision you make." This statement is very motivating, yet chastising for me. Peter is basically saying that you are fat because of one person - yourself - and you are the only one that can change that.

Breakfast:
Nutrigrain bar                                             120
One peach                                                   30

Lunch:
Half Chicken Caesar Salad                          250
Bowl Garden Vegetable with Pesto Soup     160
French Baguette                                          150

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad                      510
French Baguette                                          150

    Total:   
1370

No comments:

Post a Comment