Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 15

6:20AM:

I've lost 7 pounds in my first week. This encouraged me so much and I really thought I had the hang of this. Then I managed to gain 6 pounds back in my second week. Today was the first time I've weighed in a week. I knew that I was making some bad choices this week, and expected to see a slight gain. I would've been ok with 2-4 pounds. But gaining back almost all I lost makes me feel completely defeated. It feels like all of my effort has been for absolutely nothing and makes me want to give up. A friend of mine suggested that I only weigh once a week, but I know now that if I had kept a closer eye on my weight this past week, I would have seen the path I was going down and could have avoided it. I am now going to weigh at least every other day, and maybe every day. After I had lost that 7 pounds, I felt much better bit did not think it made much of a difference. When I looked in the mirror after I weighed, I realized it made a huge difference. I will never get to my starting weight ever again.


5:45PM:

I think I'm done sulking about my gain. I ate out today, but made good decisions. This gain has taught me a few things. One is that going off the diet may be fun in the moment, but it never, ever pays off in the end, and I WILL be miserable for destroying all my hard work. Another thing I learned is that I can not let setbacks like this get me down. If I do, I will gain all my weight back and more.

Breakfast:
Half omelet with bacon and cheese 150
A few tator tots 100

Lunch:
Cheese plate with mixed fruit 300
One and a half meatballs 375

Snack:
32 oz iced coffee from wawa 560

Total:
1485




No comments:

Post a Comment